Read and respond to this message at:
thanks, I had completely missed the release notes, and the readme.txt file isn't
included in the .zip archive. Now I've followed the instructions.
But the problem is still there! :-( It won't recognize the language and thus
it finds no function.
Anyway, I've tried with a clean installation of 5.4 RC2 and it works, so I'll
try to use that. After all, I use the compare plugin only rarely, so I can keep
using 5.4 and, when I need to compare 2 files, momentarily launch older 5.3.1.
Some things I've noticed:
-generating the list of functions is a lot slower than 1.2; maybe it's because
I'm working on a very large file (more than 13000 lines and 650 KB, more or
less a hundred functions).
-I expect that everybody comments on how bad it is to work with such big files
;-) but I actually find it a lot more practical than splitting my work in dozens
of smaller files.
-if you have a method such as myclass::do_nothing(), previously the list reported
only do_nothing, now it reports the full name myclass::do_nothing. I'm not sure
I like it, I think an option to choose this would be better
-I confirm the search is case insensitive. Again, I'm not sure it's a good thing:
it might help, but it might also create some confusion. I guess the best solution
is NOT giving the same name to 2 functions, using only capitals to differentiate
them (in other words: if there's a function called "start", don't create another
one called "Start").
-In tree view, if you search for a certain word, you get a list of all the functions
that contain that word: good. But from that list you can't expand the VARIABLES
item. Otherwise, if you aren't looking for anything, expanding VARIABLES works.
By the way, this VARIABLES feature is nice. :-)
-Constructors are listed differently: for example, myclass::myclass is displayed
as ::myclass(), whereas myclass::noname is displayed as myclass::noname.
generate the following entries:
I don't think #include lines should be displayed in the function list, but anyway
there's an obvious problem with the name of the first file. I assume it depends
on the dash character.
All in all, however, it looks a very good job; the bugs I've reported (assuming
they ARE bugs, which I'm not even sure of) are very small ones - except maybe
for the fact that I couldn't get this plugin to run with 5.3.1, but it might
depend on a very "dirty" and messed-up installation folder :-)
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: