2007-05-02 23:47:08 UTC
Notepad++ v4.1 is released. In this version not only the interface of Find in
files dialog is improved distinctly, but find, replace and find in files dialogs
are now 3 in 1.
The version 1.73 of Scintilla include the CMake lexer. And just by chance, I
worked a lot with CMake recently at my work, so I updated Scintilla from v1.71
to v1.73, and supports the language of CMake. CMakeLists.txt is also available
for the source code of Notepad++ (in "src" directory). It's tested only with
the generation of VC project file, but not with the generation of MinGW
Another new feature is the clickable http URL. It's quite a gadget, but I like
3 new plugins are added in this release : SpellChecker, NppExec and QuickText.
SpellChecker help you to corect the tipos in your document. You should have
aspell instaled to make it work. With NppExec plugin you can execute your commands
or saved scripts without leaving Notepad++. It makes you triple your productivity!
QuickText is a snippet manager. Once you define all your snippet in you beloved
language, type the macro keyword then Ctrl+Enter - I can hear you say "wow".
v4.1 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.0.2) :
1. Fix the crash issue while saving settings on quit.
2. Fix the crash issue while using the command line with one launched Notepad++
3. Enhance Find in files feature :
a. Improve Find in files user interface (more intuitive).
b. The search result (also for find in all opened files) is docked on
the bottom of Notepad++.
c. Recursive search is optional.
d. Search result is collapsable by file.
e. User defined keywords for search result.
4. Add tabbing interface in Find dialog : Find/Replace/Find in files
5. Add clickable URL http link feature (double click to trigger).
6. Add cmake language support.
7. Add mark all without launching Find dialog (Ctrl+M).
8. Fix the ROFL (Recent Opened File List) bug : try to open a non-existing
file from ROFL, the full file path doesn't be removed from ROFL.
9. Enhance the backup feature : in verbose mode, the file will be backed up
in .\nppBackup directory.
10. Update Scintilla component to v1.73
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: