Read and respond to this message at:
1) Perhaps the Run Script option could be renamed into something more
I'll think about it. There's nothing special about the name "Run Script" except
that in a plugin based upon scripting, it sounds like the most basic and common
task. "Script Composer" is perhaps a little more descriptive, but it might
make you think twice, especially since I plan to add several new menu options.
2) The window doesn't write the scripts itself, will that come soon? *lol*
That's the next feature planned right after the Artificial-Intelligence Logic
Unit and the Read-My-Mind module. (That's a joke, for the humor-impaired. Please
don't hold me to this.)
3) Rename Script Writer to Script Composer.
I'll consider this in conjunction with #1 above.
4) Perhaps you could even create some submenu structure to store favorite
I'm planning to allow you to create your own categories for your favorite scripts.
You'll notice there's extra room in the Favorites pane. This is to allow a
second drop-down list later on - one for the category and one for the script.
5) It is possible to edit the SimpleScript.ini file, but a more convenient way
would be welcome.
When I implement #4 above, I'll add an interface in the plugin itself so you
don't have to manually edit the .ini file.
6) The modal window makes it hard to do anything when returning from another
Ultimately I plan to change it to a dockable window. This was just the easiest
thing to implement up front so I could at least get something done quickly.
7) I ran one of the sample scripts, Single-space to double-space.
The sample scripts are just that: samples. I just threw some together off the
top of my head to demonstrate how to do it. Feel free to discard, add, or modify
scripts as needed.
8) [The function list hints] won't display more width of the text than the list
in the window itself does.
Unfortunately, that's standard behavior in Delphi. I don't have any control
over that. I probably ought to just disable the hints entirely.
9) Would you consider Proper Casing the function names?
In the script itself they're case-insensitive, so I assume you're talking about
in the function list. That's probably a good idea; unless I can think of any
reason why I shouldn't, I'll fix it in the next version.
10) I was wondering if you could apply some layout to the ReadMe file which
Once I set up the function list to display the detailed description along with
the brief description when you click on a function, you shouldn't need to look
at the ReadMe file very much any more. This will be a lot less work than trying
to fix the ReadMe file to allow folding and still keep it readable.
Thanks for the suggestions. If you have any more, I'd appreciate it if you
would post it under the latest SimpleScript thread in the Plugin Development
forum. (Just doing my part to help stamp out thread-hijacking)
You are receiving this email because you elected to monitor this forum.
To stop monitoring this forum, login to SourceForge.net and visit: