[Notepad-plus-plus] Threading of listmail posts.
John Kollar
2010-04-15 03:53:57 UTC
I have attempted to respond to two different posts to the
notepad-plus-plus email list,
but have been unsuccessful in having my responses associated with the
original post.
Other posts in the archive appear to be threaded.

Can anyone explain the proper way to respond to postings?
Thomas Hochstein
2010-04-15 05:28:11 UTC
Post by John Kollar
I have attempted to respond to two different posts to the
notepad-plus-plus email list,
but have been unsuccessful in having my responses associated with the
original post.
Yes. They lack a References:- oder In-Reply-To:-Header, containing the
Message-ID(s) of the post(s) you reply to, which is used for
threading.
Post by John Kollar
Can anyone explain the proper way to respond to postings?
You should be able to "just reply" to them; your MUA - mail user agent
- should insert all necessary headers. Usually you'll have a button or
menu entry to choose "reply" from.

Regards,
-thh