[Notepad-plus-plus] How do I disable language help ?
Jean-Claude Arbaut
2014-03-08 22:58:11 UTC
Hello,

When editing a C or Python source file (it probably works with other
languages as well), Notepad++ shows a window when I type an open
parenthesis on a function : for example "fopen(" in C.
This window shows how to call the function : "FILE * fopen( const char
*filename, const char *mode)"
While it may be useful sometimes, I find it quite annoying and I would
like to disable this feature. Is there a way to do this ?

Jean-Claude Arbaut
Jean-Claude Arbaut
2014-03-08 23:30:46 UTC
Precision : I have Notepad++ version 6.5.5 (the last), and the TextFX
plugin (though I don't think it comes from TextFX).
This "language hint" is actually really annoying, since it's does not
disappear when I continue typing : I don't even see what I type. Maybe a
bug in the last version of npp ? I have never seen this in previous
version I think.
Jean-Claude Arbaut
k***@vandergucht.de
2014-03-09 10:22:40 UTC

Goto Settings ==> Auto-completion and change the settings to your choice.

Kind regards
Karlo Van der Gucht

When editing a C or Python source file (it probably works with other
languages as well), Notepad++ shows a window when I type an open
parenthesis on a function : for example "fopen(" in C.
This window shows how to call the function : "FILE * fopen( const char
*filename, const char *mode)"
While it may be useful sometimes, I find it quite annoying and I would
like to disable this feature. Is there a way to do this ?

Jean-Claude Arbaut

Subversion Kills Productivity. Get off Subversion & Make the Move to
Perforce.
Faster operations. Version large binaries. Built-in WAN optimization and
the