[Notepad-plus-plus] Notepad++ CTRL-S no longer saves file and instead inserts DC3 control character
Jim Showalter
2010-05-11 18:12:39 UTC
This just started happening. I haven't changed anything locally, at least
not manually. Something seems to have changed out from under me. Is there a
way to reset Notepad++ to restore CTRL-S to mean save the file?
Shreyas
2010-05-11 23:01:46 UTC
Jim,

Yes, there is a way.

Settings -> Shortcut Mapper-> Modify on clicking the 'Save' row.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Shreyas
Shreyas
Cameron Wilson
2010-10-14 18:59:36 UTC
When I checked the shortcut mappings, mine were still set yet when I hit CTRL-
S, a DC3 control character kept showing up. My ultimate fix action was simply
verifying the mapping settings, saving my projects, closing all Notepad++, and
then reopening. I have not gotten the DC3 control char since.
Dileep K
2010-10-19 16:17:42 UTC
This just started happening. I haven't changed anything locally, at least not
manually. Something seems to have changed out from under me. Is there a way to
reset Notepad++ to restore CTRL-S to mean save the file?
You probably have a "search result not found" dialog box open. Close this and
everything goes back to normal.